The Theory of Everything - A Review

By Unknown - 14:25

The Theory of Everything. A film based on the life of Stephen Hawking (played by Eddie Redmayne), following his relationship with his first wife Jane (played by Felicity Jones), him coming to terms and dealing with his motor neurone disease and the creation of his theory of everything. This story is told in a 3rd person perspective, throught the eyes of a person peering into their lives. The film is based on the book written by Hawking's first wife Jane Wilde Hawking, entitled 'Travelling to Infinity: My Time with Stephen", which gives the film a more in depth, accurate and realistic feel.


Before going and seeing this movie, I'd had a few recommendations from friends and family who had seen it before me, which gave me more of an incentive to go and see it. Also, having this tied in with the amazing reviews and the star ratings that this film was being given, I classed it as a must see film before I even decided when I was going to go. 

The film follows the life of Stephen and Jane from when they first meet to just before they separate, documenting how their lives progress, their relationship blooms and then how that relationship starts to break down and die away. Eddie Redmayne (who played Stephen Hawking) played a very convincing character, so good that it would be believable that he - himself - was Stephen Hawking. Felicity Jones also played a very strong role in portraying Jane, clearly showing what her experiences would have been, and reflecting the emotions that Jane Wilde had experienced in real life at the time. These actors played their parts extremely well in a convincing way that made you believe that they were both actually the real Stephen and Jane.

I thouroughly enjoyed the film through the story that was being portrayed and how well it was all done, from the casting, to the music, to the acting, to the cinematography. All of these added together to make a magnificent movie which I intend to watch again in he future when I have the opportunity. Also, I would personally recommend this film to anybody, regardless of what their preferences are to movie genres, as it is a fantastic film which I feel should be watched by a significantly large audience. I would rank it very highly on my list of favourite films. What a truly amazing film!

Overall, the movie is spectacular and I would highly reccommend that you should go and watch it because I do believe that a large number of people would enjoy this film. The movie, and the people involved in the making, deserve every award nomination that they receive, and also any awards that they do win (which I hope they do, because they deserve a large amount of awards for this film in my opinion). The Theory of Everything is one of the best films I have seen in a long time, and I wish to see it again soon, to experience all of the emotions, and the fantastic acting skills, all over again.

Megan x

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is actually the first time I have come across a proper film review post! Im not sure whether I'd personally see the film but I know people who would and I will be sharing this post with them! do
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete