The Picture House - A Day Out in Stafford #MegzExplores

By Unknown - 10:00

Last Monday, my grandad called me and asked me whether I wanted to go out for the day so I could get out of the house for a bit (because now I have no school and I have "nothing to do"). Despite the weather being a bit rubbish, I decided that I would go out because I haven't been there since I was really little so I wanted to give the place an explore and see if I remember any of it. On reflection, it's safe to say I didn't; however, I did have a great day out.

The main thing that I want to discuss, my absolute favourite part of the day, is The Picture House. The Picture House is a Wetherspoons pub which has been converted from a cinema into a pub, while still keeping it in the same filming and layout. It is so different and so unique in comparison to anything I have ever seen before and I'm really glad we decided to go in there for a tea and a coffee, because I would've hate to have missed this pub.

I know what you're thinking... "Megan, why are you writing a blog post, and raving so much about a pub?" and that is a very good question. You see, I would be asking this if I was reading this blog post and hadn't been to this pub, but I can promise you that it was so amazing to look at and its really well decorated to stay in the theme and keep the old cinema feeling alive.


When you first look at the building, you see this which is pictured above. It really keeps the essence of an old style building, reflecting what it is like on the inside of the building. I really like the old style building also because it fits in with the rest of the buildings in this location because many of them are still in an old building style. 



When entering the building, you are met with the ticket box that many people would have visited in the past when the building was still a working cinema. This really adds to the cinema feel that the pub still has and even though it is not in use anymore, the schedule for things being shown on the projector screen are in the box, so technically it is still being used (sort of).


On all of the walls in the building there are movie posters and pictures of movie stars, increasing the feel of it still being a cinema. I really quite like the pictures that are in there because it makes you think about all of the movie stars that have had their films shown in this cinema. Also, I like the movie posters as it makes you think about all of the films that have been shown there over the years and how many people have visited this exact location to see films. 



This final picture is what the pub looks like when you walk in the middle doorway after going past the ticket box. It really is magical to look at and consider how well all of the decorations and little touches have been preserved over the years. This really is a stunning transformation from a cinema to a pub because it has kept in all the little things that make it a cinema and not a pub, and haven't completely gutted the place and made it look like a pub. I just really like the look of it and think that it is really nice a quirky for a pub - very unusual.


I hope you enjoyed this blog post and are enlightened about this pub, and I really hope you can see why I decided to write a blog post about it, and even do an adventure vlog including it. I'm really glad I got to experience this first hand as I cam promise you I wouldn't have believed that a place like this existed if someone just told me without photographic or video evidence. Leave me a comment of any secret treasure locations that you like visiting because I would love to know so I could potentially visit them at some point in the future if I can get to them (or at least give them a bit of a research). I hope you liked the blog post and video, I'll see you Friday.

Megan x

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments