5 Spring/Summer Decorations for your Bedroom

By Unknown - 10:00

Now that we're well into spring with summer fast approaching, some of you may want to make your rooms a bit more seasonally decorated to reflect what's going on in the outside world. So below I have discussed a few different options that you can use to adapt your decor in your room, or to get inspiration for your own decorations.


Flowers

The first thing I think of when I think of spring is the freshness of outside and how flowers are growing and flowering open from buds. So, one thing you can use to decorate your room is flowers, either a bunch, or a single flower (being them real or fake). Having flowers in a room, adds a really nice look in my opinion, regardless of the look or colour of them (or the smell if they're real). They makes a room seem more alive and bright, reflecting what is going on outside with plants and animals alike. So if you want to add a nice subtle thing to pick up your room, I would recommend getting some flowers.


A bouquet of tulips

Fairy Lights

Now, before I continue, I must say that I am a sucker for fairy lights, so I will probably be very over complimentive of these. To be honest, fairy lights don't just have to be a spring/summer decoration for your room, because I have them up all year round in my bedroom, both on my bookshelves and wrapped around the bars on my bedframe. Fairy lights add a little but of subtle and pretty light to a room in a way that makes it light enough to see things, but isn't as bright as a lamp or a ceiling light, so it's easier on your eyes first thing in a morning and last thing at night. I really like fairy lights because they are just so versatile, and can literally go anywhere that you can possible imagine.


The purple gem fairy lights wrapped my bed frame

Pillows

Okay, so this one might be a little strange to have on the list, but please just hear me out. I think adding small cushions to a bed, or chair (or any seating area in your room) makes things feel more fresh and prettier. They become a feature in the bed and be bought to either match the theming of your bedroom, portray a spring/summer feeling, be something that reflects you as a person or be really quirky and stand out against everything else. Cushions are also really good for relaxing because they're just big enough to prop your head up a little, put your arm on, or feet on; they're just really versatile and look good at the same time.


The cushions/pillows that I have on my bed

Candles (or anything scented really)

Having a nice scented candle in your room is always a nice thing to have in spring/summer, in my opinion. Having either a fresh or a floral scent can really lift a room and make it smell really good at the same time. Also, they're generally really good for the money you pay and can look really pretty too, so it can be shown off and not hidden away in private away from view from whoever goes in your room. If you can't have candles in your room though, another way to get your room smelling fresh is through either air freshner sprays, pot pourri, an electric air freshner, air freshner sticks, flowers (see first sub-heading), or a multitude of other things. There is so many products out and about in a range of different scents, of which there is bound to be one that you really like. (My favourite scent of candle is probably cherry, or other fruity scents.)


My favourite candles at the moment (the green one
is a handmade green tea and mint candle, the 

tealightsare Yankee Candle Merry Marshmallow 
and the one in the teacup is a handmade cherry 
candle)

Bunting

Right, to be honest, who doesn't like bunting? I really like it, and it just reminds me of garden parties and picnics (and my sisters engagement party, but that's another story). You're able to buy it in so many different lengths and colours (and surprisingly shapes, I thought they were only triangles, but no), there is literally a type of bunting for everyone. Also, it is really versatile in where you can put it, be it on your book shelves, along your picture rails, hanging from your ceiling, or anything really. Depending on where you look, you can pay as much or as little as you want for bunting because I managed to find some really quite cheaply on eBay after a quick search (so just have a look around to find what you want at the price you want it).


That is all for this post, I really hope you enjoyed it and that it inspires you in any way if you are looking to add some spring/summer decorations to your room. If you use any of these ideas, please let me know in the comments down below, I'd love to hear about it. Also, if you have any other suggestions put them down in the comments so other people can see them and potentially use them theirselves. See you next Friday.

Megan x

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I like to change my bed to my brighter floral quilt rather than my dark purple winter one ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thats a really good idea :) I'll have to give that one a try myself (then again, I'm not sure I could part with my minion bedspread)

      Delete