Film Review: Pitch Perfect 2

By Unknown - 10:00

Welcome to the MegzBox Tuesday Blog Nugget. This post, if you couldn't tell from the title, is a review of the film Pitch Perfect 2 (and the experience that I had while I was there). I will try to review this film to the best of my ability and I will try not to include any spoilers. Without further ado, let's get going.


In 2012, my sister and I went to go and see Pitch Perfect, which we absolutely adore. It was so good! The combination of humour, feel good and harmonised A Capella singing was just stunning. So naturally, when we heard there was a second one coming out, we just knew that we had to go and see it together. As soon as the dates were released, we decided that we would go and see it on a specific date and made sure we were both available for that day. 

We decided that we would go and see it at Showcase cinemas as we wanted to treat ourselves to the slightly more expensive tickets where you get to sit on sofas, have snacks bought to you and have a great view - something that isn't available at other cinemas (from my knowledge anyway). The sofas are pretty big there, meaning that you have more than enough room for you and the person sitting next to you to have personal space if you want to, or even sit really close together and cuddle up on the sofa during the movie. The snacks that we got (pictured below) were bought to us in a little tray box and put on the little table that was on the arm of the sofa. It was filled with a mixture of crisps, tortilla chips, salsa, caramel popcorn and sweets. Why don't other cinemas do this? I would be willing to spend a little more every so often for this kind of experience.

Our little snack box

Now, with regards to the movie, in my opinion it really lived up to the standards that I, and the previous film, had set for it. The funny, feel-good, best-friends that are the Bella's were just as good as ever (and I'm even tempted to go and see it again, and knowing me I probably will). The film followed the Bella's on their journey to seek acceptance and world domination (in the sense of winning the international competition for A Capella) as well as becoming reunited with themselves and acceptance, both for each other and for themselves. 

The cast was just stunning. The cast from the original movie that were in this one too were amazing and really kept their characters portrayed the same through the two films, aiding in the continuity and flow between the two films. Anna Kendrick played a really strong role again as Beca and really helped carry the story properly and in character. Rebel Wilson.... What can I say? She was hilarious and just perfect within the film again, having perfect lines and her own story line within the film. Also Hailee Steinfeld acted very well in a newly added character to the films. As a whole the cast were very good, played the characters really well and are really talented actors/actresses. They're all really good at singing too which is just fantastic (it makes me a little jealous too to be honest).

Also, within the film there are a few youtubers got involved and are acting/singing in it which I think is a great addition. The youtubers include Flula, Penn Masala, The Filharmonic and Pentatonix and they all fit in really well because they're all singers, and all, besides Flula, A Capella groups. It was good to introduce YouTube successes into the mix as it's really something that can showcase their talents and draw more attention to their channels, as well as them attracting more people to see the film through their subscribers wanting to see them on the big screen. 

The music was just stunning, with having such a wide range of music being showcased in the film, as well as the excellent execution through their singing. With a mixture of new and old song alike being sang in this film, there was something for everyone to enjoy. Also the composition and the seamlessness of the mash ups were simply stunning and easy on the ear. It really makes me want to go and listen to the soundtrack again now (I think I will now hahaa).

Overall, the film was a great follow up to the first film and it really lived up to standards. I don't think that you could see this film and fully understand what is happening without seeing the first film, so I would highly recommend watching the first film before seeing this. I would like there to be another Pitch Perfect movie, but I'm not sure if it would work due to what happened in this film, and I think that the end of this film was very conclusive, making it easier to be the second and last instalment of this movie franchise. Therefore, if you have not seen the first Pitch Perfect, I strongly recommend you go and watch it, then go and watch the second one, and if you have been the first one, you should definitely go and see it to. It's such a great film with elements of humour, friendship and it really makes you feel good too.

If you go and see the film, or have already seen it, let me know down in the comments below and tell me what you thought of it. I'd love to know what you think. If you're going to go and see it, I hope that you really enjoy the film. Okay then, I'll see you Friday.

Megan x

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. HI Your blog was Mentioed in mine please check it out and do the tag! xx
    http://hollysbeautysecrets.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's awesome, thank you :) I'll give it a read and upload my answers soon. Thanks again :)

      Megan x http://www.megzbox.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. Just discovered your blog, it's awesome! I love pitch perfect and really need to go see the new film! The snacks at that cinema look super yummy, I wish a cinema near me did that!
    Anna X
    fitfatfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much, I hope you enjoy the film :) It's a shame they don't do snacks like that in the cinema near you, but I'm sure you'll have a good time anyway :)

      Megan x http;//www.megzbox.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  3. I loved the film! I couldn't stop singing Das Sound Machine's last song haha! The Latin American actress called Chrissie Fit was in Teen Beach Movie, I squealed when I saw her on the big screen, she was amazing and so funny!! Flula was awesome too, I was so excited to see him as well because he's my bestfriends's favourite YouTuber :)
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome :) I'm glad you liked it! I really liked DAS Sound Machines last song too :) I'm glad you had a good time

      Megan x

      Delete