Film Review: Tomorrowland

By Unknown - 10:00

Tomorrowland. The new Disney film that pushes boundaries and encourages the audience to believe that there is more to life that what meets the eye and that even the impossible is possible if you believe hard enough.

I had seen the advert for this film a long time before the release date, so I had been waiting patiently for it to be released in the United Kingdom. Being a die-hard Disney fan, I had found the advertisement from when it was released in America, long before the trailer was released over here, so I had longer to get excited about the film. Upon watching the movie, I can happily say that my expectations and excitement was definitely met.


The film starts with an overview narration from Frank Walker (George Clooney) discussing his previous involvement with Tomorrowland and how he got involved in the first place. Then the story continues with Casey Newton (Britt Robertson) and her discovery, exploration and involvement with Tomorrowland and all things connected with it. Her connection with this other world is documented through the rest of the duration of the film and it shows it through the eyes of someone who has never seen this world before. Someone just like you or I.

The acting in this film is second to none, where you really feel moved and involved with all of the emotions that are being expressed. The amazement, awe and shock expressed by Thomas Robinson (young Frank) and Britt Robertson (Casey) reflects the exact feelings felt by the audience as a whole when they first see the land too. Clooney and Robertson act and present the story at hand fantastically and believably as if this Tomorrowland actually exists. Despite never hearing of Britt Robertson beforehand, I couldn't fault her acting and I sincerely hope that I will see her in more big films like this in the future. I have seen Clooney in other films and his acting was definitely up to standards of his other films, if not better.

If nothing else, this film was truly inspiring and it makes me want to go and make something out of my everyday. It encourages the audience to believe that they should be dreamers, and that each and every person is able to make a difference in this world for the better if they want to. It also shows the audience that even things that seem inevitable can be changed with work and believing that it is possible.

I sincerely enjoyed this film and really hope that they make some sort of attraction or ride out of this film. As the film is based on Tomorrowland (the Disney theme park land), I think that they could fit this new ride (if one were to be built or updated) into the theming of the park easily. I would be more than happy to see this film again as I truly enjoyed it and I imagine that I will enjoy this film in the future too. I would definitely recommend this film to anyone who is a Disney fan or a sci-fi fan as I feel that this film would appeal to both audiences (even if you do not fall into these catergories, I still recommend that you go and see it as I feel as though there is at least something in there for everything). This Disney film is not your average Disney film by any means, which makes it stand out from the crowd and makes it one to watch, so I highly recommend you do, and soon.

Megan x

P.s. I will be buying myself one of the Tomorrowland pins and I will wear it every day for the rest of eternity. Mainly because I want to consider myself to be one of those dreamers who can make anything happen, but also because they look awesome and the design is just so cool. I will keep you posted on my Instagram to if I buy one or not (you can follow me on Instagram here).

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments